Robyn’s voting record on gun safety includes:
- Passing the Lethal Violence Order of Protection Act: This Red Flag Law permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves. This Act is critical to preventing potential mass shootings and domestic gun violence.
- Strengthening gun dealership licensing requirements in order to identify and eliminate the practice of purchasers buying guns legally and then selling them to those who would do harm.
- Establishing a 72-hour waiting period for all firearm sales.
- Banning bump stocks that turns a semi-automatic weapon into a fully automatic weapon.
- Limiting the purchase of assault weapons to adults over 21.
- Enacting restrictions on silencers.
Robyn has been endorsed by Giffords PAC and Moms Demand Action Illinois. Her vocal opposition to gun lobbies has twice earned her a 7% approval rating from the NRA. She will continue working to make our state and neighborhoods safer.